Saturday, February 19, 2011

What I Know Is...

I've always used Wkipedia as a foundation for the basics of a topic I am interested in.  Getting the opportunity to edit was quite intimidating.  I have no idea how "expert" I was.  I also know people feel ownership of pages; changes are made and arguments form over linguistics to content in hours.  It is a good tool that on most topics, harmony is achieved and we all have something to add. 


I stuck with some topics I knew a lot about.  Such as Kennedy (a pop culture host) and Web 2.0 terms.  One thing about editing is I like to be concise.  When looking at Web 2.0 terms on Wiktionary, I thought our terms on our class wiki could be tightened up a bit, so I chose to work on them.  This is a tough call.  I abhor verbosity, but like complete thoughts.


You can check out my user profile here and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment