Saturday, February 12, 2011

Second Life Part 1

Just started exploring Second Life, there is a lot to understand.  Is it like a virtual reality?  In some ways yes.  communities, friends, and possible friends representing various backgrounds are everywhere; basically, a click away.  Whether their avatar represents them accurately, it represents who they wish to be.  It is going to be interesting.  
Actual communities have formed.  I enjoy teaching world religions with my students.  I visited a church and wonder if they hold services there.  I also found a Shinto shrine.  I wonder if there will be ceremonies for O-Bon or Kodomo no hi.  OK. further research indicates this is a Buddhist temple.  I would like to show my students if they do.  Just need to find a mosque, a Hindu temples, and a Shinto Shrine and I will have covered the most of the major religions.  
I am all about learning from others, but I wonder if they take it seriously.  Otherwise, they may be just like these guys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment