Heard this on NPR All Things Considered. Again, why is it that NPR always has some interesting story about the marketing use of social media? Remember my Tosh.0 post about how he live-tweeted during his show? Well, turns out more people like Anthony Bourdain and Jeff Probst also do this.
Turns out it is a great way to entice viewers to watch live tv. With more watching live tv, the network can charge more for commercials. I must admit, that brings another dimension to television: a live behind-the-scenes thing: better than a director commentary on a dvd. The fact that you can interact with a "celebrity" without having to write a fan letter is very appealing. I tried this Daniel Tosh, but he didn't reply. Bummer.
I really don't know if this is great thing. Usually, the tv is on as background noise while I work on my classwork. If I have to keep refreshing my twitter feed while trying to do work, it will my classwork will suffer. Argh!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment