Sunday, January 30, 2011

Philly Sports 2.0

Being a sport fan with access to the internet allows you to really interact and follow sports/teams/individual players.  It gives you a place to give your opinions and comment on topics: like hanging out with friends and strangers at a virtual sports bar.


First, let's look at blogs.  Being first and foremost a Philly fan, I check out The 700 Level daily.  It gives a general overview of what is happening in the City of Brotherly Love.  Loving the Eagles, I catch up on opinions of the on the Eagles' Eye blog.  A good one for the Flyers is Flyers Goal Scored By. Finally, I used to follow the Fightin' Phillies on the the Fightins.com, but their blog is suspended by their host.  I really like how you can follow blogs on Facebook to see if you want to pop over and check a post.  


As for the 76'ers, nobody cares about them.  Nobody.


I listen to a lot of podcasts, so I have to limit what I listen to.  There are only so many hours in a day.  My favorite Eagles on is EaglesFanCast.  Also a blog, I really prefer the podcast as it is more balanced on points of view and not all bashing Andy Reid.


A lot of athletes and commentators are on Twitter, but I really don't have time to follow them.  My life is busy enough.  I figured if it is ground-breaking and important either on of the blogs or ESPN will have it.


Finally, although not a Philly sports blog, I check Uniwatch blog daily.  It discusses, gives opinions, and speculate about sports uniforms and people are able to submit their ideas for a uniform "tweak".  Just plain fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment